Nolly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys,

I did my first proper portrait shoot yesterday, with a friend of mine who is a singer-songwriter and needed some new promo shots. I used a Canon 600D with primes only, a 50mm f/1.4 and 28mm f/1.8, and a single reflector.

7762305494_4d0445ef7a_c.jpg

7764209414_eaba854bda_c.jpg

7764215928_5ccd3d6bae_c.jpg

7764303738_8fd74560c6_c.jpg

I took a lot of shots but don't want to go too OTT in my first post here! I'd love to hear any feedback :)

Cheers!

I especially like the first 3. A lot. Nice light and mood. They feel very seventies-ish to me.

might have cropped #3 a little closer like #4, as a portrait. #1 rocks as a landscape.

Cool. I like the amount of light hitting the subject. As for the second photo, I'd probably increase the darker areas a tad bit. It helps put the subject in focus, like so....

Attachments

• $sample7764209414_eaba854bda_c.jpg
    $sample7764209414_eaba854bda_c.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 162
Cheers lads, interesting variation there streetmuse, I like it! I may just vignette it a bit harder to get the dark edges while still leaving Joe fairly low-contrast in the centre there, thanks for the suggestion!

I'm rushing so can't comment too much, but overall I love the feel of some of these. Last one didn't hit me, but the others are great.

Awesome, thanks! Here are a few more from the same session, but different locations/processing:

Joe35.jpg

Joe33.jpg

Joe32.jpg

Joe31.jpg

out of the first set # 2 is my favorite, I am a fan of that style. out of the second #3 is my favorite not sure why but it just grabs my attention and his eye in that one seem to draw you in. Great shoot.

Cheers! #3 in the second set is actually the odd one out in terms of processing, the hazy, cross-processing thing just didn't seem to work so well on that one so I tried a more saturated film look and was pretty happy with the results. I think I may do alternate versions of some of the others with that processing too, so Joe has some options when picking the shots he likes.

Most reactions

Back