First Post New!

Yes, it is hard to determine the tone of someone's comments here on the internet. But, I did take offense to Jip's comment, and being the very first comment I received here on TPF, really ticked me off:meh: . I didn't think it was a very polite way to welcome a new member to the forum. I am new to the forum, and not new to photography, if that is what he misinterpreted, to respond is such an assuming way. I thought it was very rude of him.

Yes, I am starting a fairly small business, nothing elaborate or anything. I am not a "pro", I do not belong to the PPA, nor do I hold any degrees other than a BSN in nursing. Does that make me disqualified to be able to produce nice photographs to my family and friends and anyone else who wants me to photograph them? I think not. My work may not be perfect, nor near as special as anne geddes portrait's, but I will do my best to put smiles on all the grandmas and mamas faces who come to my studio.

I would like to learn from others here on TPF, and improve on techniques and get more ideas from others whom have more experience than I. It would be naive to say that when others first started their business that they didn't need any help or wouldn't take advice from their senior.

To the others who might be interested: My business also includes photo restoration, converting home videos to dvd, and multiple other digital stuff. My plan is to also offer discount portraits to the families of the NICU of their premature babies, since sometimes it is months before they leave our unit. I also sell hairbows, smocked dresses, crocheted items. Most of my portraits right now are on location shoots. I've been taking photographs since 2000 and went digital in 2004. My newest camera is a canon 5D and a efL 24-70 lens.:lovey:

I really liked the b/w conversion here that ocyrus did. except I don't know if I like those eyes too much. I think it's a little overdone almost un-natural. But, I appreciate the idea! thanks.

I apologise for sounding rude but now that you have elaborated a little more it makes a lot more sense what you are doing. To me when someone says they are starting a business it is a big thing so to ask a basic question like you initial question seemed like that looks like putting the cart before the horse a little. As we all know it is hard to put emotions across while typing.

Yes, it is hard to determine the tone of someone's comments here on the internet. But, I did take offense to Jip's comment, and being the very first comment I received here on TPF, really ticked me off:meh: . I didn't think it was a very polite way to welcome a new member to the forum. I am new to the forum, and not new to photography, if that is what he misinterpreted, to respond is such an assuming way. I thought it was very rude of him.

Yes, I am starting a fairly small business, nothing elaborate or anything. I am not a "pro", I do not belong to the PPA, nor do I hold any degrees other than a BSN in nursing. Does that make me disqualified to be able to produce nice photographs to my family and friends and anyone else who wants me to photograph them? I think not. My work may not be perfect, nor near as special as anne geddes portrait's, but I will do my best to put smiles on all the grandmas and mamas faces who come to my studio.

I would like to learn from others here on TPF, and improve on techniques and get more ideas from others whom have more experience than I. It would be naive to say that when others first started their business that they didn't need any help or wouldn't take advice from their senior.

To the others who might be interested: My business also includes photo restoration, converting home videos to dvd, and multiple other digital stuff. My plan is to also offer discount portraits to the families of the NICU of their premature babies, since sometimes it is months before they leave our unit. I also sell hairbows, smocked dresses, crocheted items. Most of my portraits right now are on location shoots. I've been taking photographs since 2000 and went digital in 2004. My newest camera is a canon 5D and a efL 24-70 lens.:lovey:

I really liked the b/w conversion here that ocyrus did. except I don't know if I like those eyes too much. I think it's a little overdone almost un-natural. But, I appreciate the idea! thanks.

Well, I'm glad you like the conversion. The eyes can be easily turned down.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back