First Post - Please take a look

hobo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, am new to the forums and this is my first image. Let me know what you think.

Bumblebee.jpg

It does make me squint a bit b/c some of the bee is sharp and some out of focus. Was that intentional?
What equipment did you take this with?

Welcome to the forum.

Hiya Hobo and welcome to ThePhotoForum.

Do you mean to say that this is the first photo you are contributing to our forums, or that this is among the first photos you have ever taken since you chose photography as your hobby?
If the latter applies then I must say you must be a natural since to start out with a close-up of this kind is something special!
And to get the bee that well into focus with the extremely shallow DOF that you chose (or was given to you when you used this lens) is quite something. They are not quite as quick as bumble bees are, but they don't stay with one flower for long, either! I know that from experience (this spring!). So while your very shallow DOF made even parts of the bee be blurred already, large parts are in focus (unfortunately not the eyes), such as that delicate wing, and therefore, along with the colours of the flower I quite like this one.

Most reactions

Back