First Post! - Wedding Shots

GotaLuvThosPens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm just a semi-pro getting started in the photo industry. I LOVE LOVE LOVE photography but I know I have a lot to learn. Here are a few from a recent wedding. Some feedback would be very much appreciated.

4640077351_b69c74356c_b.jpg

4640077471_cac4b14247_b.jpg

4640077925_49909cd954_b.jpg

<3
Tressa

I edited multiple versions of the first two but I liked the silhouetted ones best. For the hands I would have much rather been eye level but the way the bridge was I couldnt achieve it.

Another take on the first shot with the bride as more of the focus...
28605_523671727012_151100268_30979761_7925311_n.jpg

I would have liked to have her facing the other way or with the lead room in front of her instead of behind but there was a golf cart to the left and this was actually candid while she was waiting for the groom. I kind of like it though... Sometimes I'm a fan of the awkward dead space. Haha.

Tressa

I obviously took more than 3 photos at the wedding....
These just ended up being some of my favorites.

Her coming down the isle. I wish there was more lighting on her face but i still like it.
4640077049_8be4cb33e9.jpg

4640685504_eacefb5473.jpg

4640077783_119f8006fc.jpg

In my opinion the three you just posted are much better. The first picture up top could work for me if you maybe composed it more like a panoramic, cutting a lot of the top and a little of the bottom out.

I didn't like the first ones, but the 2nd ones you posted are great:)

boo. i like the first ones. while pictures of peoples faces and emotions are important, a few dramatic art prints add to a collection. I've built a business on non traditional wedding photos. the couples love them. it;s the reason they hired us. so if the couple saw a portfolio with pictures of a similar style, there's no reason to say that they are mediocre wedding shots, cause they're not. they're just not what you would want for your wedding. That's fine, you didn't hire the guy, that couple did and they probably love it.

boo. i like the first ones. while pictures of peoples faces and emotions are important, a few dramatic art prints add to a collection. I've built a business on non traditional wedding photos. the couples love them. it;s the reason they hired us. so if the couple saw a portfolio with pictures of a similar style, there's no reason to say that they are mediocre wedding shots, cause they're not. they're just not what you would want for your wedding. That's fine, you didn't hire the guy, that couple did and they probably love it.

Yaaaay thank you thank you!! I mean sure you need some of those sort of stuffy posed pictures of smiling faces for the fam.... but I have the real fun when we get to the creative, unique shots. Glad to see one person on my side :)

Ha, lesson #1 when posting and asking for comments/critiques, be prepared to listen, not get offended, and learn for next time! I've had a few posts on here thinking my pics were awesome, only to get 'tossed around' a bit by fellow posters. Fortunately the feedback is often a stepping stone to a better photograph the next time around.

Have an open mind when posting on here and don't take feedback as offensive or standoffish.

Who said I was offended? I'm familiar enough with photography forums to know how brutal it can be. If I couldn't handle it I wouldn't be here.
If someone gives me good advice I appreciate it. Some of these people didn't give anything that could even be considered advice. "I can't see any faces."???

Most reactions

New Topics

Back