First reviews for the new Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 are poping up

i just stick the camera on my telescope and I can have non-magnified 2,000mm all day.
I've taken the telescope off of the mount and just stuck it on my heavy-duty tripod too, not bad at all.

I only wanted to get a few shots of the Lumar light (careful not to say full moon;) ) So a telescope isn't practical. Also wanted to be able to reach out and touch the wild life on the cheap.

The DxoMark review for Canon bodies is out:

Tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3 Di VC USD Canon mount lens review: New contender - DxOMark

Tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3 Di VC USD Canon mount lens review: New contender

By Kevin Carter - Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Lens Review

Tamron has released a new modestly priced, stabilized super-telephoto zoom for both full-frame and APS-C cameras, the SP 150-600mm f5-6.3 Di VC USD. How does this $1,100 model compare against the slightly shorter-range Sigma and Canon offerings?

Aimed at wildlife, bird and action photographers, the newly designed super-telephoto Tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3 Di VC USD zoom looks to be a promising update to the non-stabilized 200-500mm f5-6.3 Di LD [IF] (A08) model it replaces. As well as the longer range and built-in stabilization the new model also features an ultrasonic type AF motor and adds the firm’s new eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular Dependency) coating to their existing BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coatings to reduce flare and ghosting. The new model boasts a complex optical construction consisting of 20 elements in 13 groups including three LD (Low Dispersion) elements to reduce CA as well as a 9 blade circular aperture for softer transitions to out-of-focus areas.

Measuring 10.1 in (257.8mm) and weighing 68.8 oz (1,951g) the new model is just over 1-inch longer but around 60% heavier than its predecessor. The earlier iteration also focused to just 98.4 in (2.5m) whereas this lens has a minimum focus distance of 106.3 in (2.7m) although both are quoted as having a magnification ratio of 1:5. Priced at $1,069, the new lens is available in Canon mount only to begin with, though Nikon and Sony A mount versions will follow.

Tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3 Di VC USD lens performance on 5D Mark III

Tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3 Di VC USD lens performance on 7D

Tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3 Di VC USD vs. Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM vs. Canon EF100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS mounted Canon EOS 5D Mk III: Good overall IQ

Tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3 Di VC USD vs. Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM vs. Canon EF100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS mounted Canon EOS 7D

Conclusion

WOOHOO!!!!.....cleared the biggest hurdle between me and this lens.Got the bride's blessings!!! :boogie::headbang::boogie::headbang::boogie::boogie::headbang::boogie::biggrin::biggrin:

WOOHOO!!!!.....cleared the biggest hurdle between me and this lens.Got the bride's blessings!!!

chewymf_emoticon_psychoticbacca.gif
drunk.gif
_explosion__by_Caeser1993.gif
smiley_emoticons_applaus.gif
zadiffgrouphug.gif
smiley_emoticons_fips_hurra2.gif
Emoticon-HappyJump.gif
dribble.gif
_Boing__by_BleakShadow.gif

I actually got to play with one today! There was a noob shooting eagles in one of my spots with the Tammy attached to a T3i. AF was super fast and quiet, reminded me of the 400 F5.6 speed that I shot with once. Locked on to eagles no problem at 600mm and tracked them smoothly. VC engaged smoothly.. I didn't get to review any images. The lens is so light compared to my sigma. Tamron better hurry the hell up, I am super anxious now..

WOOHOO!!!!.....cleared the biggest hurdle between me and this lens.Got the bride's blessings!!! :boogie::headbang::boogie::headbang::boogie::boogie::headbang::boogie::biggrin::biggrin:

Umm.. you mean yours, right? Because I can tell you from experience getting someone else's to write you a note does not fly. Not at all.. lol

I've been on the wait list for almost 2 months for this lens,,,,,,,,,still waiting :grumpy: *sigh*

...has it not been released for CANON already?I was under the impression it was.HMMMMMM.........I haven't actually pulled the trigger yet,merely secured the investors/funding.Do you think this is something Tamron needs lead time on?I read they were looking at a late April/early May release for the Nikon version.I was hoping to just stroll in the store and walk out with one by then.The reason I ask,is,I have Pre-ordered other items,only to have been able to pick the item up at the store,before my pre-ordered item ships to me.....

Most reactions

Back