First reviews for the new Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 are poping up

I emailed a Tamron rep and she stated that they won't shipping into states for Nikon mounts until mid May.

We've been very fortunate to see this lens in Jaca's hands in the wildlife forum. Certainly is one heck of a birding lens in the right hands, no doubt about that at all, its darn sharp.

So who will be getting this lens for other than wildlife ??. Interested to know if some will be getting this for sports primarily or will it be a combination ..... or just nature wildlife ??.

All the best and just being curious.

Danny.

This is one impressive lens, but i'm still pondering about the aperture. Is an f/5-6.3 not something to worry about when buying this lens? What do you think?

We've been very fortunate to see this lens in Jaca's hands in the wildlife forum. Certainly is one heck of a birding lens in the right hands, no doubt about that at all, its darn sharp.

So who will be getting this lens for other than wildlife ??. Interested to know if some will be getting this for sports primarily or will it be a combination ..... or just nature wildlife ??.

All the best and just being curious.

Danny.

I'm looking at this lens for air shows as well as wildlife. I'm a little bit of an airshow junkie. I had a Tamron 70-300 (some how something broke inside and the lens is too old to be repaired, according to Tamron) and even at 300mm, I would have liked gotten some closer pics without having to crop the photo.

I don't have the money for the Nikon 80-400 and the only next in line lens within my budget is Sigma's 120-400 or 150-500....so for another $100 or so I can get the Tamron 150-600. I'm probably going to rent the 150-600 first to try it out.

This is one impressive lens, but i'm still pondering about the aperture. Is an f/5-6.3 not something to worry about when buying this lens? What do you think?

Depends on the lighting conditions. With the bird shooters on here that know what they are doing its easy to see by the shots that its not a problem. I shoot with the sun at my back and F/5.6 I can hit at ISO 400 at 1/4000, that's on APS-C. On FF using ISO 800, well its pretty easy. Under dull lighting conditions or in shade, lowering the shutter speed would be a good option or raising the ISO. At F/6.3, its certainly not bad at all.

For that cost and from what we have seen so far on here, its sharp and a bit of a bargain IMO.

All the best.

Danny.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back