first series for c&c

bhee321

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this was done in a homemade studio. was trying to blow out the back but couldnt quite do it. also was my first time really playing around with photoshop. i usually just use lightroom. what do you guys think about the concept and about the pics themselves?

bvbfinal.jpg

C&C per req: I see what you're going for here (I think), but the centre image doesn't quite work; the expression of the right-hand most subject doesn't seem to fit in. I would also open these up a little; the cropping, especially in #3 where the top of his hand is either cropped off, or so close to the frame it appears to be. As well ('though it's hard to say for sure in such small images) I think you need one more light in your set-up, or a reflector to provide some illumination between the couple in #s 1 and 2, and on the black of the shirt in #3.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

In a homemade studio it can be tough, you need a LOT of light. Some isolation tutorials I've read/watched said meter off your subjects, then use +2 stops of light to blow out your background making it a solid white. More light is what you need in this case.

As mentioned earlier the framing needs some work so you don't clip anyone's limbs and such. Also when shooting on a white background, colors are nice rather than blacks and whites.

Most reactions

Back