First Shoot With a Ring Flash!

JMLPictures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jmlpictures.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My studio bought a Ring Flash for me to play around with (i know it's super sweet to just ask and have them buy you one!!! HAHA). I got the Alien Bee ARB800. It is much harder to use than I originally thought it would be but i think I got some cool pictures! Some of them are with just the ring flash shooting through the middle of it while others are used with the RF off to the side of the camera and with other lights. Let me know what you think!

Im going to start off with my favorite one:

steph-23.jpg

steph-16.jpg

steph-17.jpg

steph-18.jpg

steph-19.jpg

steph-20.jpg

steph-21.jpg

steph-22.jpg

What do you think? Im going to play with it some more today.

Josh

I think the lighting turned out nicely, but i like almost everything ... and your model looks kinda like sandra bullock to boot :D

no dought you were using a ring flash on #3.
I`m not to crazy about the flash glare in her eyes. Other than the top of her head cropped out... I like #4 black and white, is there some photography rule there ?

I should have cropped it a little tighter on #4 so it didn't look like a mistake... I did purposly crop it to have part of her head missing but i didn't do it quite right.

Josh

And are you saying you just don't like the ring glare in her eyes or the glare in her eyes at all?

josh

Mostly the ring glare...
I`m new to photography so haven't worked with flash much, I tend to try and take pictures without flash for now. Is there a way to avoid flash glare when the subject is looking straight at you ?

You actually want to have some sort of an eye light in the models eyes... if you don't then the model looks dead and like there is no life.

Josh

Most reactions

Back