first shot with a polariser

WTF?

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just got myself a hoya polarising filter, this is the first shot i got with it, converted to b/w from colour.

_MG_1457.jpg

however it seems photobucket has altered it somewhat, when its in iphoto its more contrasty and the sky is darker, without that big darker patch on the upper right.

Not bad. I would not upload quality photos to photobucket. Their compression can sometimes kill the quality of a picture. Try using flickr.com.

I'm not too fond of where you placed the horizon here.
I think if the camera had been held so the s-curve of that path would be the first to show at the bottom, you could have played more with the polarised sky. Though a cloud or two would have helped that sky, too...
Those polarisers are fun, aren't they?
At first I really didn't know what it was doing and pestered my sister about it and asked, what is it good for, tell me - and she said, you must find out yourself, but you will SEE it, go test it for yourself. And at last I saw it and was all "Wow!" :D

that picture has lots of meaning to it...

Awesome picture! I've often wondered about photobucket too when it comes to seeing changes in my shots after I've uploaded them. Sometimes there seems to be a rather big change in picture quality. I'll have to try flickr.com.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back