First spring flowers

MidnightCookie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone:) I am looking for some honest opinions on my work. I've been taking pictures for quite a while now, but I've never considered them "art" :sexywink: . And I've never tried close ups of plants before so I am really interested to hear what do you, professionals think of these three pictures. So there we go:

spring001co8.jpg

spring002bn9.jpg

spring003uj9.jpg

Would I buy one. No.

This really depends on what you're going for. The first one is the best, but you should have stopped down a bit more. Close ups of flowers, as far as I'm concerned, go in the same category with old barns, sunsets, sunrises, and puppies. Very hard to shoot in an original way.

Hiya MidnightCookie and welcome to ThePhotoForum.

I have moved your post to the Landscape and Nature Gallery. The Photo Critique section is reserved for more serious critique and therefore we like to keep it to one image at a time...
(see FAQS), otherwise it just gets too confusing.

Feel free to post multiple images in other parts of the forum...or to re-post your images individually into the Photo Critique section, with more of an explanation of the shot, equipment used, settings, and some remarks on what you were trying to capture and to show.

Thank you.

I would have gotten the conifer needles out of the shot, but I like the first one other than that. The 2nd is pretty cool from an art standpoint. The third is composed well and nice and sharp, nice work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back