First Sunset Attempt

kyle L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to share my first sunset shot from the Canon G9. It's kind of grainy, but I like it. :D

sunset.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Heres the full version. How would I get clearer detail on the clouds? I had to blur the pic a little bit because it was too grainy. Any suggestions? Is it even possible on a Point and Shoot? :er:

IMG_034323.jpg

To me it looks like you softened it soooooo much...it looks blurry. What PP did you do?

To me it looks like you softened it soooooo much...it looks blurry. What PP did you do?

I'm pretty new to this, so I just used picnik, an online picture editor. I like the right side of the photo, but the left side isn't very clear. Before I softened the picture, it was really grainy.

Looks wonderful, even if it is a touch soft in areas. The sky is really outstanding.

I think (but it's difficult to say, maybe I'm wrong) it's overexposed. Try manually underexposing it* and you might get some beautiful orange colours!

*On the camera, when you take it, not afterwards in post production

Thanks guys. Heres the full version. How would I get clearer detail on the clouds? I had to blur the pic a little bit because it was too grainy. Any suggestions? Is it even possible on a Point and Shoot? :er:

IMG_034323.jpg

hmmm, i would prefer 1st photo because it much more simpler than this photo.. The eye catching subjects is much more simpler than this 2nd photo..

it looks great and all, but i think its a little TOO PP'd, like most people said, it's really soft, and like you said, it's lacking a bit of detail.

Most reactions

Back