What's new

First test shots with "The Tall Tripod"

480sparky45 44

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
25,394
Reaction score
9,148
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so it's really a quadpod, not a tripod. But for the lack of a better term.......

The stormclouds disappeared in the middle of the morning, so I loaded everything up in the truck and headed out to take some test shots. Kind of a 'shakedown cruise'. Everything went kinda slick.

Test shot with camera as low as the unit can go (about 6½ feet): I took this before I hoisted the camera up just to verify the computer/camera tether was working properly.

StateCapitolFromGround.jpg




Raising the camera up to about 20 feet:

StateCapitolFrom20feet.jpg
 
I would have gone higher, but I don't have the sandbag weights yet and it's rather gusty out.
 
Oh my goodness, I don't think I would be putting $1000+ worth of equipment 50 feet in the air! Pretty cool though!
 
Well, as my Grandpappy used to say, "No guts, no glory. No glory, no blue chips. No blue chips, no farm. No farm, no wife. No wife, no nookie. No nookie, and we all know what happens after no nookie!"
 
50 foot, wow awesome!

If you don't mind, how much did it cost?
 
The current exchange rate works out to just north of 2,270 (US$) before shipping. You need to add a camera that can be tethered, the software to do so, and a laptop on top of that.
 
HOLY COW! I didn't know they made such a beast! That's amazing. I wish it didnt cost more than my camera, or I would definately have one. :lol: I can't wait to see more!

Mark
 
HOLY COW! I didn't know they made such a beast! That's amazing. I wish it didnt cost more than my camera, or I would definately have one. :lol: I can't wait to see more!

Mark


Maybe later this week. Depends on the weather & my work.... paychecks take priority.
 
Any chance we could get a picture of the setup? :D
 
What are you planning to use it for ?
Any particular type of shots ?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom