First time in the studio C&C please

bhee321

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
They all look good for me except #5.......They way they are lit isnt flattering to either subject IMHO.

yeah i was just trying different things out. that was a single strobe with a softbox directly overhead.

the low key photos are all with 1 strobe. the high key ones i used 3.. 2 pointed at the back drop at f/11 and a huge softbox in front set to f/5.6

I really like #1 and #2-#4 ..... you said on #1 you had two strobes shooting at backdrop and only one centered on them ..... wow .... i suck and doing this, lol i cant get it to come out this way with just one on them and two on backdrop ....

Where exactly do you have the one centered and where are you shooting from?

Thanks

I think you did a good job on these. My only nitpicks are #4 & #5. It looks as if his right hand is chopped off in #4 and #5 has an annoying shadow on the right side of his face. Overall, very nice!

Thanks guys. yeah that shadow on his face was annoying me too.. maybe i'll try a little bit of fill or maybe a reflector next time i try a shot like that.

I really like #1 and #2-#4 ..... you said on #1 you had two strobes shooting at backdrop and only one centered on them ..... wow .... i suck and doing this, lol i cant get it to come out this way with just one on them and two on backdrop ....

Where exactly do you have the one centered and where are you shooting from?

Thanks

well the 2 strobe i have shooting the backdrop to blow it out. and for the center light i had a huge octogon softbox set 2 stops lower than the backdrop and the softbox was behind me up and angled down. i wanna say that the softbox is about 3-4 ft wide.. im not really sure but its huge!

thanks! =)

i just checked out your photos.. and you're damn good.. i need to work more on outdoor shots. i suck when it comes to natural lighting. =(

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back