First time out doing posed Male Portraiture for their modeling portfolio

I like #2 and #3 poses and composition the best. Good colors too. The knees are no big deal. I wasn't drawn to them looking at the photo. They're faded blue jeans for crying out loud. The shirts were plane which can be a pain, black like a blot and white catches the light. Great job! You friend should be happy with these.

It can be difficult to find a good background. Any when you do find one it doesn't work for everyone. But I also feel that the background even blurred plays an important role in outdoor portrait shooting.

Wow... Great! I knew you were someone to listen to and learn from on here... And these images just assured me I was right!! Very impressive... Only using available "natural light"?

Wow... Great! I knew you were someone to listen to and learn from on here... And these images just assured me I was right!! Very impressive... Only using available "natural light"?

Thank you! I didn't realize this thread got bumped again.

To answer your question, no these were not all available light. The first two were flashed, with the sun placed behind the subject, hitting his back. You can see the soft glow around him from the sun. The second two were all available light.

you spelled "drum" wrong on all these pics . . .

haha i kid i kid. pics look good, however as mentioned above, he looks more uncomfortable, not edgy. From a technical standpoint the pics are good though.

Hey, Tyler. This is my first commentary on a photog doing his first male fashion shoot.

I see only two outfits, and neither one is "fashion" IMO. Also, his scowl tends to send a message, and it's not a friendly one.

Suggestions: Ask him to bring a couple of nicer outfits, and pose him in nicer places, and ask him to be serious without being dour. Also, Does he ever let his hair get longer? With the set he has chosen, it seems he could model for lawn care equipment, but not a BMW.

Also note the wrinkled brow. A modeling agency might wonder if his forhead has those wrinkles permanently.

Designer,

It wasn't really a fashion shoot, per se. It was just modeling. It wasn't so much about the clothes, but how he acted in front of the camera. Normally, provided we had more time, I would have someone bring 3-4 sets of clothing. But a lot of this was off the cuff.

I appreciate your thoughts, thank you for responding!

Really like the last one.

I love them... All. The first two are my favorite!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back