First time trying strobes

Michael Carlson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelcarlsonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
with the 50 and the 600 you should be able to get great lighting...you should try positioning them in different areas. I kinda like the 1st one, but as for low key lighting goes its too flat. try giving more light to the front of the subject and the second one as either a back lighting or hair light to separate from the backdrop/wall whatever you used...

btw love the stuff on your blog regarding the weather

and welcome to TPF!

The first shot has the most potential. I'm not sure why you're not using a key light, but it is good to experiment. Also not sure if the flare is on purpose, but I kinda like it. You could recover the first shot to a reasonable level with some PP. Beautiful model, BTW.

with the 50 and the 600 you should be able to get great lighting...you should try positioning them in different areas. I kinda like the 1st one, but as for low key lighting goes its too flat. try giving more light to the front of the subject and the second one as either a back lighting or hair light to separate from the backdrop/wall whatever you used...

btw love the stuff on your blog regarding the weather

and welcome to TPF!

Thanks for the welcome and the kind comments about my blog. Severe weather season is over for the time being but I will be sharing more weather photos as spring comes around.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back