What's new

First time with statues...

Lackoffunding

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw great lighting today and happened to be driving by a cemetery. I haven't ever taken statue pictures, but I think some of these turned out well. I would love some feedback!

Mary was a big theme today...

CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGES.

1. Seen in black and white


2. Not afraid of some color... Kind of lost in background


3. Jesus color


4. Jesus B-dub


5. Mary backed out in color


6. Mary Back out black and white


7. Mary goes infrared (mostly for fun)
 
While I am known to be the forums' resident lover-of-green, I do prefer the "Mary with b&w background" photos to all the colour versions. And out of all the "Mary-photos" I like the very first best of all.

The suffering-Jesus photo also looks better in B&W.

And this from the one who really likes colours so much! ;)
 
I prefer the black-and-white Jesus to the rest. Nice composition and use of light. I would burn-down the background sky though. It's bright enough to compete with the face of Christ and makes this a weaker image. The idea here should be to have that face be the single dominant factor within the image. Brights tend to pull the eye away.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom