First time..

pilgrim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well a friend of mine agreed to let me take some pics of her, and even with some of the weird request's I had...
I've alway's wanted to do some "model" work, but she is not a model, nor does she want to be one. So I sorta went a different direction..

keali-standing-in-corner-st.jpg

keali-in-corner-portrait.jpg

and a b.w one..
keali-kneeling-down.jpg

There's another one over the theme forum "b.w images with color".

Any comments?

Troy :D

*edit* just wanted to add that it's my first time taking pictures of another person, just incase there was anyconfusion with the title. :wink:

Excellent solution. People who do not like having their picture taken is a whole other story.

You get extra credit for choosing the wall texture and corner. Someone gets extra credit for the dress and ballet slippers. The lighting suits the shots perfectly. Let us hear more details.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Craig:

I found this square cement building at a "resort to be" they havn't been working on this resort in the last year so you don't have to worry about running into people. Making it perfect for shoots. I had pretty much no lighting.. there was a few small windows but overall it was really dark in the building. I brought along a flash light but that didn't do much :lol:
I had my vivitar 730AFC flash on my d-rebel with the stock 18-55mm lens. I was using toilet paper as a diffuser on the flash, and just incase anyone is wondering.. it was two ply :lol: . I'm pretty sure I had the tp on the flash the entire time..

First shot..
1/100th at f/6.3 iso 200 and I believe the flash was pointing directly at her, it was shot form fairly far away then cropped.

Second shot.. 1/80th at f/6.3 iso 200 and the flash was angled at about 45 degrees to the left so I wouldnt get a bright wall on the right.. it was also angled up to make the floor darker.

Third shot.. 1/80th at f/6.3 iso 200. this was set up pretty much the same as the previous shot, but the flash was set at low.

Fourth shot.. 1/100th at f/7.1 iso 200. I believe the flash was set on high for this one, and without the tp as a difusser. Hence the super bright spot. I'm pretty sure I had the flash angled to the upper right corner of the building.

All shots taken with my cheapo plastic tripod..

heh, im sure that was pretty usuless info, but it's all I have to offer :wink:
When we were leaving we actually found a few outlets!! :shock: so if I do a re-shoot I'm going to look around for some lights first.

Troy :D

Sweet. I love details. The tech seems to be going in the right direction. I love (the 2 ply) tp effect. Being able to plug a light or flash into the wall will create endless possibillities. More than likely the outlet is not "hot", but worth a try none the less. I generally feel sad and angry when buildings are not completed. In this case I am psyched for you. "Get it while you can".

Personally I think you can get some great portraits from this location. Keep in mind that shooting the subjects back only works once.

malachite, now that I think of it, it tottaly looks like the blair whitch project! I could throw my friend josh in there and we would have a match :shock:

Thanks Mark :D

Most reactions

Back