first try (at a reverse lens macro)

nomav6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this is with the lens on the normal way

and this is with the lens backwards

I still need some practice to get some good ones but I'm getting there(atleast I hope so lol)

I've never seen m&m's that colour. :shock:

When focusing move the camera until it looks sharp rather than trying to focus. It's easier. Oh, and use a remote shutter or the self timer.

Great start here. You'll get the hang of it. I usually shoot where I can have my arms propped on something to hold them still.

hobbes28 said:
Great start here. You'll get the hang of it. I usually shoot where I can have my arms propped on something to hold them still.

thanks for all the comments so far, I think some of the problem might have been not being able to keep the camera still I had to stand over the bucket of m&m's and my head was almost all the way in it.

I noticed the part about moving the camera other then focusing after about 5 minutes of trying to get focused.

and the reason the M&M's are that color is because they're easter M&M's my roommate got a 25lb box of them from work lol.

I'll keep working on the macros though, hopefully I'll be able to post some in the macro guessing game soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back