First try at B&W

dustin746

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Decided to try taking some pics in B&W today. What do you guys think?
0fadf1a5da9f1006d6aec93edc13e8c2.jpg

dd88cfd691a86249038a6a36972f5f3d.jpg

a2f02a97399925ffe3e148834844ec1a.jpg

1b796f8aa1b868be9aac8d49df615ff8.jpg

Last edited:
I like the spring, but the contrast could be a little higher and i think it's about a stop to dark.

The other 3 don't capture my interest very much. Not to say they aren't interesting subjects, but I feel like you could have found a more interesting perspective on them. Contrast interests on 2 & 3 also but 4 looks a bit better.

The contrast issues can be adjusted in post. :)

I like the spring, but the contrast could be a little higher and i think it's about a stop to dark.

The other 3 don't capture my interest very much. Not to say they aren't interesting subjects, but I feel like you could have found a more interesting perspective on them. Contrast interests on 2 & 3 also but 4 looks a bit better.

The contrast issues can be adjusted in post. :)
You were right about the contrast. I went and upped it a little bit and they look a little better now. Thanks!

I agree, the spring will be nice with those couple adjustments. The others aren't overly interesting.

It also looks like, from the first image, you either have some sensor dust or some dust spots on your lens.

I agree, the spring will be nice with those couple adjustments. The others aren't overly interesting.

It also looks like, from the first image, you either have some sensor dust or some dust spots on your lens.
Alright, note taken.
Yes I do believe that I have some sensor dust. I haven't gotten around to cleaning it yet. I bought the camera used so I'm sure it does need to be cleaned.

Like the others, the spring caught my eye! I wish there was a different background that was less distracting though

Sure some dust on sensor. Also n. 1 is out of focus, though is my favourite.

I may clean it sometime when I know how haha. And yes the spring is my favorite, too, even though it's a little off. I may go try to re-shoot sometime to get it to look better.

I think everyone pretty much covered the dark and muddy end. I really don't have much to add.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back