First try at long exposure

PaulWog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took my new ND filter on a camping trip and got it wet (and a little scratched). This was on Vancouver Island, near Juan de Fuca Provincial Park. I didn't realize how much trouble it is getting the camera in the water and stabilized just right with waves splashing around. I took a good 25 or so long exposures (all kept to 30 seconds since I couldn't use bulb mode), but I only got about 2 or 3 keepers.

Last edited:
really good try, one thing i do is wait till the sun is lower or if its morning go before the sun rise your get more stunning colors from the sky witch will make all the difference

Here's one i did to show you what i mean

335619-1467375470-2.jpg

Wish I could've waited longer. We didn't have a flashlight with us and we had 2km of forest to walk back through to get to our tent. Plus my girlfriend is impatient! Nice photo.

yeah i stopped taking my partner they don't get it lol by the way mine was 10sec only with no filters oO 14mm f2.8 lens also a good hint try to go on days where the wind is blowing towards you that way the clouds will make lines that help lead your eye into the image,

Another one that turned out sharp enough :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back