First Uploads - Critiques Wanted

Oraicia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I figure for my first post, I might as well try to get a sense of how my photography skills measure up. I picked out some of my personal favourite pictures from the past couple months, and it would be great if I could get some feedback. Compliments are always appreciated, but tips on how to improve are even more valuable to me. Thanks in advance.

img0160az.jpg
img0074wn.jpg
img0499mf.jpg
img0392jd.jpg
intodust.jpg
camping065.jpg
camping054.jpg
camping021.jpg
This one is my favourite.
blackandwhite008.jpg
blackandwhite006.jpg

Alrighty, that's what I've got for now. Feedback appreciated, especially tips for improvement. Thanks a tonne! :D

Umm...hello? Pretty please can I have some tips?

I don't know enough to give you any advise but I do know they are

Oops.. They are going to tell you that you have too many to critique, what do you like or dislike about them, and to number them :)

As ccc mentioned, please limit your posts for critique to 1-4 images and number them. The one suggestion that I will make is: Avoid shooting into the sun less it serves a specific purpose. Your second image has some appeal with the sun spike coming down from the building, but because you were shooting into the sun, your camera's meter was fooled and drastically under-exposed the rest of the scene. Also try and avoid cropping important elements such as the crane boom.

Oh....sorry about that, I didn't know there was a limit for critiquing. Thanks for the tip about the sun, though.

These are kinda blah. Think you were on to something with the chess pieces. Keep fiddling with those some more.

PS - your avatar is creepy 0.0

Oh....sorry about that, I didn't know there was a limit for critiquing. Thanks for the tip about the sun, though.
There is no limit to how many you can post for C&C.

But, the more photos you post, the more work it is for someone to comment/critique each and every photo. Consequently, if you post more than one photo at a time C&C gets diluted relative to how many you post. The number of responses you do get is also usually diminished the more photos you post.

Another recomendation realtive to presentation is to put a blank line between each photo so they don't all run together.

If you want detailed C&C, I recommend you only post 1 photo at a time.

I like the ornament/setups. 2/6/7 have some attractive elements negated by imposing/dark/dull areas in the compositions..that don't appeal (to me).

It seems you like very artistic photos, you are going to be extremely limited with using a point and shoot camera. A point and shoot won't give you the ability to make your photo the way you want it. I think 2 could've been really awesome if it were exposed properly.

Most reactions

Back