First viewing

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm annoyed!!! The hubby just called me to tell me my long-awaited Scala slide film has returned from the lab in NY....my first roll with B&W slide film and I've been a little anxious over it. And he RIPPED into it when he went hom for lunch!!! :? Now he's emailing me from working telling me I *should* be pleased, and it's *not bad* stuff..... HEY!! I think the photographer should get first viewing at their own stuff, so THEY can proclaim what's plonk and what's not...... what's everyone's opinion? Am I being too proprietary (read: ridiculous) here? Or is it not unreasonable for one to expect to be able to view their own stuff first? (digital people: no bad jokes please :wink: )

Really? Oh, I guess I'm really not referring to routine stuff...this was mailed from NY....

And so she wouldn't dream of teasing you over it if she knew you were particularly waiting on it, would she? :wink:

No teasing. she would want me to see them as soon as possible. She always says my stuff is kickass..

my hubby always opens my stuff :lol: ... but since their in NYC, i couldnt have picked them up for ya :p

but i never open his mail .. i let him get first dibs :D

Yeah, Dew, next time I think I'll have them delivered to my office so he can't get to 'em first and torment me.... :p

I used to pick up our wedding prints and of course always viewed them first....my B&Ws were in the mix so it was *our* stuff, plus he wanted to know as soon as possible that we hadn't screwed up the job. :wink: (He was always nervous over weddings, that's why we don't do them anymore, but that's another story!)

I'm not sure why this incident is annoying me....maybe HE feels proprietary since he got me the film.... :blulsh2:

Voo, your wife sounds sweet, she obviously knows the perfect things to say! :D

I'm totally with you on this, Terri. No way any one should ever see my stuff before I do and before I decide what will be allowed to be seen. I would be pissed.

I agree, it's almost as if someone would have the ability to see a painting of yours BEFORE you painted it.

That would make me a little red.

Terri, I'm with you on this. I, however, wouldn't let someone else get the chance. And if I knew someone else would check the mail i'd make them promise ahead of time that they wouldn't open it. Guess you could say I'm a control freak.

Heh heh...you guys have made me feel better about my initial reaction, that's for sure. :D Thanks for all the input!

Actually, I showed him this thread last night and even though he laughed at me, my point was taken. Bear in mind, with most stuff we do it's not such a big deal...but I was feeling shy and jumpy about working with this stuff for the first time - THAT he did know. So I got a hug and apology and we'll have an agreement ahead of time about when it's ok and NOT ok for either of us to get ahead of the other's work.

Temperamental bunch, ain't we??? :wink:

btw....I love the Scala slide film. It does look beautiful, rich lovely B&W tones. I am impressed with this film. I'll scan and post results soon!

We are tempermental aren't we. Perhaps it is a trait of photographers.

Anyways I would be a little cranky if my wife open them when they came in the mail. Then again I like to open my own mail, even the crap stuff. SO yes I can be a little anal about it, but she likes to open her own as well. The only things I open with her names on them are bills because I get the pleasure of paying them... :shock:

Most reactions

Back