First Wedding EVER .... C&C please

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone I have been looking at incorporating my fashion style of shooting into weddings. People laughed at my on another forum for my idea :( . I think the pictures came out great for the minimal time I had to shoot (other photographers were hogging the couple). Let me know what you guys think.

wedding1.jpg

wedding2.jpg

wedding3.jpg

wedding4.jpg

wedding5.jpg

I normally really like your photos but to be honest this time I'm not so impressed.
As far as the bride and groom being your subjects I really only like #4. The rest have very odd lighting and extreme contrast (in a bad way) between the dress/tuxedo and the background.
#5 is really nice however.

The shadow on the inside area between the faces in 1# is really wierd, do not like. #2 is nice but kinda boring. The ring shot is nice. Dont like the others at all really.

Hey everyone I have been looking at incorporating my fashion style of shooting into weddings. People laughed at my on another forum for my idea :(

Not sure why anyone would laugh at the idea but I don't really see a fashion style of shooting here :confused:

So, strictly from a (wedding) photog point of view, the dress in #1 and 2 has too much of it that is blown and parts of the faces are on the verge of.

Also in #1: she got a mustache from the shadow of his nose (not very appealing); whatever is holding up the dress in the back of her looks very strange; and they are too centered for my taste.

In #2, she's looking far too much to the right (our left) and I don't like her hands behind her back. Those may well be personal dislikes. Who knows?

I kinda like #3 but I would have gotten rid of the flower basket. At the very least I would have set it on the ledge where the kid is.

#4 is much better as far as the tones in the dress are concerned but her face gets lost in the trees.

And, in #5, I do not like the bright area at the top. Crop it. And crop the other 3 sides so as to come up with a nice composition and you will have a much better photo.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I was a second shooter. The main shooter kept taking my pocket wizard from me and using my lights. I guess its understandable, but I was definitely nervous and was out of my comfort zone here. They will get better for the next one. Also if I was the only photographer I could have done a lot more. I only got maybe 15 total shots of the bride and groom. There were 6 photographers there!!!! It was ridiculous... Everyone was upset that the bride asked that many people to come...

And that thing holding up her dress is her stupid dress. It had a hoola hoop like ring. It was just a horrible dress lol.

Six Shooters?!?! That is a bit ridiculous! She must think shes Angelina Jolie or something with all the paparazzi.

And that thing holding up her dress is her stupid dress. It had a hoola hoop like ring. It was just a horrible dress lol.
Haha... Now that I look at it I see that, and the fact that the dress is blown out big time. I know my wife would agree that the dress is awful.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You know, I wondered. I just couldn't imagine someone going through the trouble of putting something under the dress and not make it look better. :lmao:

"The main shooter kept taking my pocket wizard from me and using my lights. I guess its understandable" No, not really. Didn't he have what gear he needed to shoot he job? That and the "six photogs" comment makes one wonder what the hell was going on. Six amateurs trying to get the one decent photo?

Anyway, don't use excuses. It's never good. Either make the job yours or step away. And if you don't think your photos are good enough, don't show them. Or tell us straight from the start what the situation was.

The only thing I didn't see mentioned in the above posts is in wedding photography despite how awful the dress is you want to expose for the dress. If you were having exposure problems for the shots you were trying to get Id suggest shooting shooting a shot of the background with out them there and you could just pick your favorites and edit in the properly exposed background to the properly exposed dress. This idea is just for the portraits of coarse and if you liked the shots enough to do that much editing but being a fashion photographer I don't think your scared of editing to get the image you want.

The mustache on number one really jumps out at me. I said the Adolf Hitler thing to my hubby lol and they are all very centered for me. I do like the ring picture though. Good luck next time.

I love the Ring shots. The others are good, just not necessarily my style.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back