First Wedding is Booked! Perfect First One?

MikeBookPro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stillstories.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, today I officially booked my first wedding! I received an inquiry through my website last week, and it was a friend of a person who did a "Mommy and Me" session a few weeks ago. They're having a small wedding (15-20 people total, including bride/groom) in a garden here in the area at the end of October. Reception will be 10-15 people at a local restaurant, in a private room.

Anyway, engagement session is scheduled for 10/12, and the wedding is on 10/25! I'm looking forward to breaking into weddings, but admittedly, I didn't think it would happen so quickly.

It's going to be crazy, but I think there are some things that are working in my favor:

- Tiny Wedding
- Client is aware it's my first.
- Client likes my family/child work A LOT.
- Outdoor wedding in a beautiful location.
- Engagement shoot to get acquainted.

Anyway, wish me luck, folks! I'll be posting photos when they are ready, and I'll probably post a "First Wedding Trip Report" for others who are interested in doing weddings.

Mike

Sounds like you were up-front with the client. That's a good way to do business.

While I hope that everything goes well, I won't wish you "luck." Your skill, not luck, is what makes the difference. You certainly wouldn't want someone looking at the album and concluding that "The photographer was really lucky!"

A pity you posted this in the beginners' forum. :D

Good luck. :)

Have fun! Looking forward to hearing about the experience.

Fair play to you Mike....hope it all goes well and we look forward to a few shots posted!!!

Be sure to scout your locations thoroughly. I echo Plato's sentiments. Be prepared and have fun!

Yeah Mike! This does sound like a perfect first wedding--it could have been a double wedding,with two beautiful twin daughters getting married, 350 guests, and all the pressure of securing a World Series final out on you, the pitcher--all game long!

Stay sharp, keep calm, and mentally envision your successes ahead of time.

Yeah Mike! This does sound like a perfect first wedding--it could have been a double wedding,with two beautiful twin daughters getting married, 350 guests, and all the pressure of securing a World Series final out on you, the pitcher--all game long!

Stay sharp, keep calm, and mentally envision your successes ahead of time.

Thanks, Derrel (and everyone else)! I think your last sentence really hits the nail on the head.

Most reactions

Back