First wedding... third shooter

sauce839

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was asked by my cousin to shoot her wedding (funny how that happens). I flatly rejected. One, I don't have the training, second, I take pictures while I'm traveling and hiking. Not of people. Although I have done some photos for people, its never been formal.

She insisted, and I told her I would only show up as a second or third photographer. Nothing more. She did agree to that, although she was not impressed with her photographer at all, and frankly neither was I. For one, the photographer was 45 minutes late. (cue panic... I'm the only one here with a camera... ah crap)

Anyways, long story short, I ended up taking some photos while the paid photographer was off with the bride and groom. Some of them I was really happy with the way they turned out, and figured I would share. CC if you want, I'd like to know how to improve... especially cause I seem to have a lot of cousins that will inevitably ask.
CJJ_6263.jpg

CJJ_63151.jpg

I do have some of the couple but when I put them onto photobucket, they all appeared flat and noisy. So I won't annoy any of you with bad images.

S

ugh, I just noticed the halo in the second photos. Funny, how its not in the raw file, but appears in the jpg.

Wise declining. Being the primary photog for weddings will always eventually result on a horror story, or two. DAMHIK.
Being a secondary photo has great advantages. You can do spontaneous candids. For wedding memories, those are often the best. And you are not under pressure to produce.

Edit: forgot: First shot is beautiful, great. Looks like it is leaning backwards but that is correctable.

I've never done a wedding, or anything 'paid', just a few free events (family stuff).

I like #1, but the bench is the tiniest bit cropped out on the back. Only thing I see wrong with it!

Thanks for the replies. Those two were by far my favorite shots, and I've now gone back to look at the other photos of the couple. For some reason they appear flat so I'm trying to up the contrast without making them too over the top. I'll post up some more when I'm done.

Cheers,

S

Most reactions

Back