First Wedding :)

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was my first wedding. I was assisting another photographer so when he didn't need me to do anything I could take my own shots.

All comments and critiques greatly appreciated.

20070902_9999_52.jpg

20070902_9999_54.jpg

20070902_9999_33.jpg

20070902_9999_72.jpg

5 The real photographer.......
20070902_9909.jpg

20070902_9855.jpg

20070902_9846.jpg

20070902_9903.jpg

20070902_9923.jpg

20070902_9999_14.jpg

So how did I do?

I really like #2, but you need to get rid of that breast tan line. ;)

She's got the most amazing dimples!! Unfortunately, she has the tendency, it seems, to lose her neck.

I know you were at the mercy of the photographer's poses, but #9 is just sooooo cheesy, ha ha. Why lean people when you can put them behind or in front of each other and have more pleasing body language. :)

I would clone out the rubber band in the last picture.

The whites in #1 are a bit overblown, losing the detail of the flowers.

I'm not crazy about #7, as it really emphasises how short and wide she is. Try to capture graceful curves. I'd love to hear how other photographers would shoot a short bride. :)

My favorite photo is #7. She looks so happy in that shot. You did a really good job.

I like 2 and 7 best. It's sad her bouquet was cut out of #2, though and #7 is cropped really a tad too close - if you mat that, her dress will be cut off.

I wish I could see more details in the dress in #4.

I'm not sure about the angle on the first...something is bothering me about that one.

Cute couple - and a great way to learn.

ETA - this sounds really negative....I didn't mean it to. I think they are really nice overall.

The poses seem very nice. I would suggest to be more discerning in the camera angles though. I make the same mistakes myself that often are only realised when I get home. For instance in number 3, The brides left shoulder comes from nowhere and disappears just as quickly. The grooms hand also appears to lead nowhere. If this were taken from a bit further to the right the face would be visible the hand and shoulder issue would be resolved, and most likely a new problem would appear making it difficult again.

At the last few I was at there was a rush at the end to get the photos done. It leaves no great time to stop and properly think.

The flouriest showed up 4 hours late. We had pushed back photos for over an hour and then just decided it was better to do them without the flowers then not at all. So we ended up having to rush the photos a bit. Also the hard thing about not really "shooting" it is the other photographer is the one setting up all the shots and getting that "prime" angle for every pose. So I have to try and stay out of his way and be off to either side.

You did very well they look VERY good. Dosn't look like it was your first one at all! It sucks the florist showed upso late. Its hard enough to have time taking photos anyway. I did my first wedding by myself last month and I only had about an hour to take portrait pics and it was so hard to do within one hour.

For a first timer, and a second at that, I think you did very well. The only one I have a nit about is the last, which is tungsten. It needs a white balance and a fill.
Otherwise very very nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back