Fisher

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Im unsure about this photo...

I dont know wether the harsh contrast and tones of the shore work well againts the softness of the sea and sky. does it look abit unbalanced?

any opinions appreciated

fisherman2.jpg

thanks

it has a very vast, hopeless feel to it, at least that's my take... like, a needle in a haystack kind of thing, only this would be trying to catch one fish in this huge sea... i like it. :thumbup:

I like this one alot. I agree that it looks hopeless and overwhelming! It also might be good with one of those sappy motivational things, you know, like "PERSEVERANCE" (SP).

I think this is a classic case of.......you've been looking at it too long! In my everyday job designing logo's, posters, flyers etc or even graphic art there will come a point where you think, i dont know if this is working anymore. It takes fresh eyes to be more decisive (got to admit i find photos i'v done harder to decide than design) or get someone else to look at it. So its a good job you posted it on here........ basically, its a killer shot. except it! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for the comments

I was tempted to crop it quite tightly but i think i will leave it as it is now

Archangel said:
I think this is a classic case of.......you've been looking at it too long! In my everyday job designing logo's, posters, flyers etc or even graphic art there will come a point where you think, i dont know if this is working anymore. It takes fresh eyes to be more decisive (got to admit i find photos i'v done harder to decide than design) or get someone else to look at it. So its a good job you posted it on here........ basically, its a killer shot. except it! :thumbup:

i know exactly what you mean, Im a graphic designer myself. Sometimes you need a fresh set of eyes to look at something.

Cheers

Yes, by all means: leave it as it is.
I am sure that in the moment of taking it, you DESIGNED it to be this harsh contrast between vast softness and clearly outlined shoreline. Stick to your initial intuition - it guided you to take this photo and it was right!!!

i think its great, i would hang that on my wall also

Most reactions

New Topics

Back