Fisherman - First Attempt B&W C&C Welcome

I wish he was not dead-center. . . his shirt appears a bit blown out. I love the break in the water where he is standing, and think the overall concept is great. Would love to see the color version too.

Thanks. I'm having trouble with the size and compression to get on this site. But the original has great detail in the man's jacket. I agree that I should have got him off to one side, but it was the only shot I got of him and I wanted to make sure the falls had a wide width. I got one more shot of him that I did in color. It's not this one. But see if you like. Thanks again

fisherman2 by tom.hollis, on Flickr

Beautiful image! There is so much contrast going on - the stillness of the water above against the rushing of the fall, the verticals in the reflections against the horizontal nature of the water at rest and the landscape orientation, the unmoving fisherman against the plunging, racing water . . . a slower shutter speed would have rendered the falls very differently, but I think some contrast between the placidity above and seeming chaos below would have been lost. Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks for making my day! I don't usually share my pictures cause I'm a newby into camera and really haven't develop good skills. But I'm learning. My background is many years photoshop but I decided I wanted to be on the backside of a camera. Most of my pics suck but I'm having a great time and I guess that's all that matters. Thanks again, glad you like it.

Very nicely done. My only suggestion is for #1 is to crop about 2/3 of the empty space between the subject and RH edge away; it really doesn't add anything and having the subject in the centre of the image isn't necessarily the best composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back