I bought the Sigma 10-20 a couple weeks ago and took it with me to Colorado for a business trip. I ended up being really disappointed with it for two reasons.
First, the distortion around the edges is pretty bad. I didn't think it would bother me, and it's not the worst thing in the world, but I'm really not happy with the way a lot of the pictures I took turned out (and, admittedly, part of this is VERY likely not having used a wide angle before, and this might improve in time, if I learned the lens).
Second, and much, much more importantly, the lens is very soft around the edges. Very, very, out of focus looking soft. It also seems more obvious in the left side of the lens as opposed to the right, so this might be a manufacturing defect, as I have heard those occur in the Sigma's on occasion.
Either way, I'm returning mine because of the softness. Trees in the center of the picture were sharp and in focus, everything on the edge is blurry, no matter the distance. I'm planning on getting a refund rather than just exchanging it for the first reason, and just using the kit lens for landscapes.
Mel