Flame Tree

You'll have another side to this as well, and that side is the business end. If new users come here and are chased off by the flaming, that is a drawback for the site owner.

It's not just a drawback to the site owner. Several excellent photographers and photographic critics have been chased off of here by the tenor of the comments. All of us who come here for advice, critique, etc. are hurt by that.

Not everyone who uses the internet is as thick-skinned as others. That's why I (somewhat tongue-in-cheek) started this thread. Vent here all you want. Then go back and be civil to those who really want to tap your expertise or have something to offer -- even if you disagree with their point of view.

Somehow the site which I use when I really want careful critique has managed to maintain that civility.

I concur wholeheartedly that critique is not useful unless it is truly critical. Critical, however, does not have to equate to mean.

Overread, your comments are useless drivel. manaheim, your photos suck. :lol:

Figures. The very first thought I had when I saw this was "oo, sweet! I can abuse music randomly!" sure enough... fricker beat me to it. :lol:

There's this dude that really gets on my tits.

Best... phrase... ever...

:lmao::lmao:

I would just like to say, for the record, that penguins smell like crap.

*ducks*

:lol:

Ian great thread!!

Hey MODS! you people should actually refer thread wars here if you aren't regulating war threads out there in public. I don't know if PM is the style of regulating but I sure don't see anything being done. It's been like a Soap in here lately!

Ok that's my vent...Ian if I get banned well..:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back