Flash bracket with second shutter release?

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking for a flash bracket and having problems finding one that will work correctly.

I shoot with a Canon EOS 10D with a BG-ED3 battery pack that has a secondary shutter and scroll wheel on it. The problem is that either most of the brackets are meant to rotate the camera the wrong way or will block access to the secondary controls completely. Anyone else have this problem? Would be the same as with a 1D/1Ds/1D MkII ect.

I need to figure this out soon! I have a wedding coming up in about 1.5 months!

Christie Photo said:
Hmmm... what sort of strobe are you using?

I'll be using a 550EX Speedlight with an off shoe cord. I'd just really rather not have to hold the flash all day/night!

Starting to think what I am looking for does not exist :( Even the Pro-T and Pro-RL stroboframes have this problem. I guess I could just use my remote cord attached to the frame for vertical shots huh? But then I still can't use the scroll wheel :scratch:

In the weddings I've shot I've had no issues just attaching the flash to the camera hotshoe and using it that way. I also have a Quantum flash w/bracket system but I find it too cumbersome and very, very heavey with the 10D + vertical grip attached to carry all night.

Really? Hmmm, see normally I would just bounce the flash but the ceilings at the reception will be 15+feet easy and I thought it might just be easier to mount the flash up high instead. In the couple of "on shoe" tests i've done since I got the flash the lighting is REALLY flat. Am I just plain being too picky? I am using a micro-box diffuser also but that doesn't do a ton for the harshness of the flash.

Just out of curiosity which bracket do you have? You can still use the vertical controls?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back