fLASH Bracket

PuppY_K1ck3R

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was searching for a flash bracket and came upon this http://www.reporterflashring.com/index.htm Just wondering if anyone of you has used this and how would this compare to other flash brackets. Looks small and convenient to me.

ani_cam2.gif

Neat design. Clearance seems a bit tight for changing lenses. I use a stroboframe VH 2000 that is similar in orientation. Does make the set-up front heavy though.

I also have the VH2000.

It's "useful", but I do not like the rotating flash. I think I would rather have bracket where you rotate the camera. Rotating flash feels "flimsy", but it's probably personal preference.

For $400+ dollars, I would just go off camera and reap the better results. If a bracket is needed, its very cool, they do make a difference, but again, I would prefer to bounce off a wall or if none are around, off a bounce card than spend that much money for about $40 worth of materials.

Last edited by a moderator:
For $400+ dollars, I would just go off camera and reap the better results. If a bracket is needed, its very cool, they do make a difference, but again, I would prefer to bounce off a wall or if none are around, off a bounce card than spend that much money for about $40 worth of materials.

Jerry, u might be the right guy to ask. Here is my dilema. At the end of the month im going to Comicon in San Diego. In case u dont know, It is basically a convention for video games and comics. The booth babes and models are going to be my subjects. So most of these shots are going to be shot in portrait. Now that positions my flash to the side of my d80. I do have a flash cable, but have no clue where to hold the flash. I tried holding above the camera while shooting my girl but the results were not great plus the ergonomics suck. Thinking about shooting portrait while holding a flash over the camera just makes me tired. This event is going to be held somewhere massive so i doubt a wall would be available to bounce off the flash. So would a bracket be useful or am I just basically wasting money? What would u suggest?

I do have a flash cable, but have no clue where to hold the flash.

The Darwin position. Given that the shutters are triggered with the right hand and ideally we want to get as far off camera axis as possible, we are really only left with about 1m to the left of the camera as a suitable option.

That's how I've seen all the decent strobist photos come out anyway when people are hand holding their off-camera flashes. Just don't hurt anyone.

The Darwin position. Given that the shutters are triggered with the right hand and ideally we want to get as far off camera axis as possible, we are really only left with about 1m to the left of the camera as a suitable option.

That's how I've seen all the decent strobist photos come out anyway when people are hand holding their off-camera flashes. Just don't hurt anyone.

Yes im very interested in this. Can u please explain or link me. I've been trying to look up darwin position but no luck here.

yea the really right stuff bracket is nice too. good find CB brackets are really expensive. but what do u think about the cb junior. also check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MjqWuxedug&feature=related

The problem with the CB junior is the same as with most brackes on the marked. They are flash flip. In portrait mode the flash will be horizontal not vertical. Bounce flash is out the window at that point most of the time. A cheaper option would be something like this.
http://www.custombrackets.com/scripts/prodViewnew.asp?idproduct=144
or one of the brackets in the QR system.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back