Flash & Lens Recommendations?

Sbuxo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, I have a photo-project for my photography class and I will be doing low-light (b&w film) portraiture. I have a Konica Autoreflex TC with a 50mm 1.7 lens, but I am thinking of getting the 135mm 3.5 telephoto lens...will that be an okay lens for the type of photography I want to do? Also, I need to buy a fairly inexpensive flash (budget: 60-75$), my professor suggested Sunpak and someone told me the Sunpak 444D would be good for my camera. Anymore suggestions/comments about this flash or any others? Of course, I'll be getting a diffuser as well. The typical setting for my project will most likely be indoors, so in/around the house or in a bedroom. I'm looking for a hot shoe flash, by the way. I'm new to using flash :blushing: but hopefully you guys can help me? :) I'm hoping to buy by this Monday or Tuesday.

max123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Both lens and flash should get the job done for you....

MaX

OP
Sbuxo

Sbuxo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
both that i mentioned or...?

iolair

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I would find 135mm a little long for indoors portraiture (but a good option for outside) - is there an option about 100mm available?

Also, a maximum aperture of 3.5 won't let you isolate the subject from the background using a small depth of field as well as a faster lens might.

That flash should be fine for you, however for best results you'll want some way to modify the light (such as a small umbrella and stand).

Most reactions

New Topics