What's new

Flash & Lens Recommendations?

Sbuxo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
973
Reaction score
6
Location
somewhere :)
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, I have a photo-project for my photography class and I will be doing low-light (b&w film) portraiture. I have a Konica Autoreflex TC with a 50mm 1.7 lens, but I am thinking of getting the 135mm 3.5 telephoto lens...will that be an okay lens for the type of photography I want to do? Also, I need to buy a fairly inexpensive flash (budget: 60-75$), my professor suggested Sunpak and someone told me the Sunpak 444D would be good for my camera. Anymore suggestions/comments about this flash or any others? Of course, I'll be getting a diffuser as well. The typical setting for my project will most likely be indoors, so in/around the house or in a bedroom. I'm looking for a hot shoe flash, by the way. I'm new to using flash :blushing: but hopefully you guys can help me? (: I'm hoping to buy by this Monday or Tuesday.
 
Both lens and flash should get the job done for you....

MaX
 
both that i mentioned or...?
 
I would find 135mm a little long for indoors portraiture (but a good option for outside) - is there an option about 100mm available?

Also, a maximum aperture of 3.5 won't let you isolate the subject from the background using a small depth of field as well as a faster lens might.

That flash should be fine for you, however for best results you'll want some way to modify the light (such as a small umbrella and stand).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom