Flash lighting question

Warhorse

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have an older (1978) non dedicated Vivitar 285HV, and a new Sunpac digi3000 flash, and my D3200 camera.

If I bought to stands, two flash adapters to fit the stands, and a Yongnuo YN-622N trigger system, would this be a worthwhile (for the money spent), viable system.

i don't see any reason why it wouldn't be viable.
you will have to set each flash manually, but for studio work that really shouldn't be much of a problem.
i have been extremely pleased with the YN622n triggers.

Absolutely - I've got a whole bag of miscellaneous old speedlights I've accumulated, and they're all useful. All you need is the ability to set output manually and trigger it remotely and you're off to the races.

I don't think its worth getting the 622n for old manual flashes. It's up to you but I wouldn't bother. Plus the d5300 doesn't support HSS.

Yeah, sure, a couple speedlights, a couple of umbrella swivel mount holders, and a pair of shoot-through umbrellas and maybe also a pair of "convertible" umbrellas, like those made by Photoflex or Westcott, would be a great start to a fine strobist type kit.

This page will show you that smaller umbrellas have a significant place and use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back