What's new

Flash Question

Fleetwood271

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 5, 2010
Messages
314
Reaction score
3
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am about to purchase a new flash and want one that will work in TTL mode, Manual mode, and Auto mode. Will the SB-600 do this, or do I have to step up to the 700 or 900 to have all three modes.
 
SB 600 works in TTL and Manual.
I'd recommend looking into reliable sb800 over sb700&sb900
 
So, the sb-600 does not have an auto mode?
 
ttl isn't auto unless used with insame brand. And even that isn't always the case.
for ex SB80dx can b used in auto with d300 but can b used in auto or manual.
 
OK, can someone recommend a good flash that I can use with my D90 that has all three modes - TTL, Manual, and Auto?

I know the SB900 will do it, as will the Metz 58. But both of these are over $400.

Is there another less expensive flash that meets my needs?

This will be used basically for portraits, both inside and outside, shooting thru diffusers, and onto reflectors. I'll be triggering by radio signal, not the built-in infrared.

 
Auto is for sissies. :biglaugh:


The SB-600 will do just fine. In fact, 6 to 12 months down the road, if you're using OCF, you'll be using your flash in Manual anyway.
 
If I understand you correctly, you want to use iTTL (among others) with off camera flash(es). To make that work with radio triggers you will need the new Pocket Wizards pieces. Last I heard the Nikon version hasn't been released yet.

Bruce
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom