No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.justbenphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Found that one yesterday. Wasn't ashamed at all... :1398:

JustBenPhotography_20160524.jpg

I was under the impression that heron's would eat turtles, but I guess I was wrong. Or those 2 turtles had no idea...

Nice shot did not see the turtles until i read the bottom

Very nice shot!

great shot.. i think the i would bring the highlights down a little though..

great shot.. i think the i would bring the highlights down a little though..

I did that already and according to the histogram there are no blown out highlights. I agree though that it looks like it. Maybe i need to do some local adjustments...

Great capture!
Where are you at in KS?

The histogram only tells you if the highlights are blown (sorta-kinda) but it doesn't tell you if they are too bright in relation to the rest of the scene (sorta-kinda) which requires that lovely tool called the human eye and brain. The sorta-kinda remarks are for the, "if you knwo how to reads a histogram correctly," folks. I do, but I still rely more on my eye to tell me where I look too bright, soft or flat.
The "Flasher" pose is just his way of cooling off. I've seen them sit on a nest with their little cheeks blowing like mad in an attempt to move larger volumes of air, much like a dog does when panting. Great Egrets will eat turtles but I'll venture a wager this one is a bit too big at this point and pretty safe..now, alligators....say goodbye.

The histogram only tells you if the highlights are blown (sorta-kinda) but it doesn't tell you if they are too bright in relation to the rest of the scene (sorta-kinda) which requires that lovely tool called the human eye and brain. The sorta-kinda remarks are for the, "if you knwo how to reads a histogram correctly," folks. I do, but I still rely more on my eye to tell me where I look too bright, soft or flat.
The "Flasher" pose is just his way of cooling off. I've seen them sit on a nest with their little cheeks blowing like mad in an attempt to move larger volumes of air, much like a dog does when panting. Great Egrets will eat turtles but I'll venture a wager this one is a bit too big at this point and pretty safe..now, alligators....say goodbye.

That is certainly true. Sometimes i rely too much on those little gadgets instead of just doing what my eyes tell me would look good.
I didn't know that this was their pose to cool off, it looked more like it was enjoying the sun. I have seen that behavior in other birds and especially raptors. But most of the time they turn their wings into the sun to warm them up in the mornings.
Thanks for your feedback!

Most reactions

Back