Flickr; am I the only one that hates it?

I hate flicker for the sole reason they strip all images of metadata.
Ummm... But it's not. It's still there. On the original size image, you can right click and get it, unless it was stripped out by the user before uploading it. I just tested to be sure they hadn't changed anything in that regard - still working fine.

I hate flicker for the sole reason they strip all images of metadata.
Ummm... But it's not. It's still there. On the original size image, you can right click and get it, unless it was stripped out by the user before uploading it. I just tested to be sure they hadn't changed anything in that regard - still working fine.
This is also what I dislike. Can't see why the resized photo doesn't contain exif. I know you can check it the other way, but that's not very convenient. It would be easier if it was on the right, instead of all the mess.

ALL the other kids love Flickr!!!

Nothing says "happy snapper!" better than a Flickr hosting address. It provides the viewers of your photos with the impression that you upload all your piccies, even the so-so ones, direct from your memory card, so that everybody can see your mad skillz...and, in the end, isn't that what really counts? Spewing everything onto Flickr, and demonstrating mad skillz? I think so.

Of couse you'd discount Flickr users as amateurs showing off. You put down anything you don't use after all.

I guess these photographers's work doesn't speak for itself? Especially since they're all pros and they're all probably making a hell of a lot more money than you. When's the last time you shot an advertising campaign for a national brand or brought in well over $100,000 a year on just a blog? When's the last time your photography inspired anyone or you offered to teach mentor someone in the ways of running a photography business?

Flickr: Joel Grimes Photography's Photostream
Flickr: rosiehardy's Photostream
Flickr: chase_jarvis' Photostream
Flickr: Don Giannatti (aka wizwow)'s Photostream
Flickr: strobist's Photostream
Flickr: K e n B r o w n's Photostream
Flickr: Tim Tadder - Light Gangster's Photostream

I use flickr and pay for the pro account, I like it and it works. The groups are nice and its wonderful to be able to follow the work of some great photographers.
I have kind of lost faith in explore though.

I also use a paid pro account on Flickr, and I could never hate it. I can finally showcase my images without having them compressed so badly like on facebook. The only thing I'd change about Flickr is the way the photos are displayed. It just looks really plain to me. They could use something new.

I have a pro flickr account. quality is nice and the layout is nowhere near complicated.

ALL the other kids love Flickr!!!

Nothing says "happy snapper!" better than a Flickr hosting address. It provides the viewers of your photos with the impression that you upload all your piccies, even the so-so ones, direct from your memory card, so that everybody can see your mad skillz...and, in the end, isn't that what really counts? Spewing everything onto Flickr, and demonstrating mad skillz? I think so.

Of couse you'd discount Flickr users as amateurs showing off. You put down anything you don't use after all.

I guess these photographers's work doesn't speak for itself? Especially since they're all pros and they're all probably making a hell of a lot more money than you. When's the last time you shot an advertising campaign for a national brand or brought in well over $100,000 a year on just a blog? When's the last time your photography inspired anyone or you offered to teach mentor someone in the ways of running a photography business?

Flickr: Joel Grimes Photography's Photostream
Flickr: rosiehardy's Photostream
Flickr: chase_jarvis' Photostream
Flickr: Don Giannatti (aka wizwow)'s Photostream
Flickr: strobist's Photostream
Flickr: K e n B r o w n's Photostream
Flickr: Tim Tadder - Light Gangster's Photostream

+ Flickr: jaredpolin's Photostream

For that matter, Flickr is a genious concept. And Derrel is so wrong it hurts.

Last edited:
I love flickr too. It seems easier to share your images online on Flickr. Other like minded people view it, comment on it, like it, etc etc

I don't hate it but I sometimes find it boring. It's not boring when you meet new people who share similar interests but finding them can take a bit of effort.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back