Florida Vacation C&C Appreciated

20civic04

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
went to florida last week and was able to snap some pics while i was down there, tell me what you think.

4958587533_4ecd69d428_z.jpg

4959183592_39d28090ca_z.jpg

4958590697_c22c990582_z.jpg

4958594439_eea6e42963_z.jpg

4958595221_bc6379c69e_z.jpg

4959190036_7ef0fc0360_z.jpg

4958591893_544de5da9c_z.jpg

4959187400_cc59840ed1_z.jpg

4958589837_772f65215f_z.jpg

4949041877_abe95d61e7_z.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4086/4949041877_abe95d61e7_z.jpg

Where did you go? I live in the panhandle!
I like them all. That pier one looks neat!

...so cliche. kind of disappointing. :\
the last one is the most interesting to me.
i like the symmetry of the pool in #2.

keep shooting, these all look like so many postcards I've seen before.

stayed in pompano beach, but most the pics were from ft lauderdale or miami.
yea you could say they're all pretty cliche, but then again arent most landscape shots, i live in NY so just the change in scenery was pretty cool to me, but i can see how they can seem pretty ehh if you lived there.

Love the last one although i wish it was more symetrical. All of your shots are exposed nicely. These are far better than just "vacation" snapshots :)

Last edited:

Translation: "Keep shooting, these look like they have commercial value".

For me, that doesn't make sense as criticism. I think most people here are trying to achieve commercial value in their shots.

Translation: "Keep shooting, these look like they have commercial value".

For me, that doesn't make sense as criticism. I think most people here are trying to achieve commercial value in their shots.

Makes alot of sense, she's saying he's good, thats criticism. They do have commercial value I think, I personally love the skyscraper photos from across the water look very well exposed. For the others, good shots too.

I think they are fine images. You should be happy with them. They are clean, well exposed.

The one thing, along the the cliche line, is that I find they are straight on shots. None of them (save the last) is from an interesting angle, or tilted, or...different. Might just be a style difference issue, but them are my crits.

I think they are fine images. You should be happy with them. They are clean, well exposed.

The one thing, along the the cliche line, is that I find they are straight on shots. None of them (save the last) is from an interesting angle, or tilted, or...different. Might just be a style difference issue, but them are my crits.
Yes exactly. That's how I feel.

"aren't all landscape photos.."
No, of course a landscape isn't going to change everytime you take a picture of it, but if you take it in a way that makes it your own, it won't be so cliche.

Living in Miami perhaps adds some weight to why it just makes me feel :er: when I see these photos but I feel like they could have been captured in other ways to make them more refreshing. They're not snapshots either, don't get me wrong. Yeeeesh.

The translations were way off. :lmao::thumbup:

thanks everyone for all the input, yea i definitly know what you mean sbuxo, i actually perfer comments like yours rather than nice photo or anything like that because it gives me a different view point of my own which helps me see what i need to do better/differently.

thanks everyone for all the input, yea i definitly know what you mean sbuxo, i actually perfer comments like yours rather than nice photo or anything like that because it gives me a different view point of my own which helps me see what i need to do better/differently.

Ok then tell me what you've learned from her comment. How can you make these photos better?

It's funny how the images were not upto per yet she said it looks like postcard images. Probably didn't think, that'd actually be a good thing. These photos are great and yes they look like postcard images. Why is that great? Because there's more chance of you now selling these photos and making money out of them.

Cliche shot ARE cliches because everyone wants them! For people not living in the area, and seeing these postcard images every day, these would be pretty nice shots! Which is not to say you shouldn't experiment with other ways of doing it too!

Sorry, but #8 doesn't do anything for me. Love all the rest of them.

i like the shots. cliche or not, I'd prefer those kinds over modern "artistic" shots anyday.

Cliche shot ARE cliches because everyone wants them! For people not living in the area, and seeing these postcard images every day, these would be pretty nice shots! Which is not to say you shouldn't experiment with other ways of doing it too!

Very well said. We all travel and we all end up taking those cliche shots. who doesnt go to Rome and take the Colloseum? Or to NYC and get the statue of liberty from a boat or the Empire state building seen from the top of the Rock?

But experiementation is great as well. Get the nice cliche, and then stretch your limits with something different.

Ok then tell me what you've learned from her comment. How can you make these photos better?

It's funny how the images were not upto per yet she said it looks like postcard images. Probably didn't think, that'd actually be a good thing. These photos are great and yes they look like postcard images. Why is that great? Because there's more chance of you now selling these photos and making money out of them.
Haha wow, really? Sorry if I prefer creativity over the same old humdrum:lol: I never said they were bad images, and yes it's true how when one travels they take photos of the main attractions and such, but there's a point where it's overdone, imo. I just offered a suggestion of making it their own, next time. Get off my back, thanks. :) :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back