Flow

Bender

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
p741990060-5.jpg

I really like it. What did you do for processing?

I like it!

I like it!

Thanks!

I really like it. What did you do for processing?

This is the Oil Paint filter in the old version of Pixel Bender (no pun intended ...) that only works in CS5. CS6 has the Oil Paint filter, but it sucks compared to the CS5 Pixel Bender version - IMO anyway.
I rarely use it, but I do come across a photo or two every year that I think works well with this type of processing. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it when it works.

Thanks!

It's easy to see how this use of software could really suck. However, your piece is successful because you chose the right raw material to work with and put considerable thought into the mix. Strong, graphic composition makes your effort a home run.

You're on to something here. For some reason, I'm not overly excited about the composition. It might be because it is divides the shot into two halves. IMHO
Great stuff. I would like to see more shots like this!

You're on to something here. For some reason, I'm not overly excited about the composition. It might be because it is divides the shot into two halves. IMHO
Great stuff. I would like to see more shots like this!

Thanks for the critique. On the one hand, I was trying for the "symmetry" so I don't mind it. That being said, there is something asymmetrical about it that I find interesting given the symmetry ...
Then again, I am a bit odd. ;)

Thanks again for the comments and likes. Much appreciated.
This amount/type of post processing is often met with negativity in photography forums, so I'm never sure what to expect.
I'll post more if I come across a shot that merits it. They are few and far between though.

It's easy to see how this use of software could really suck. However, your piece is successful because you chose the right raw material to work with and put considerable thought into the mix. Strong, graphic composition makes your effort a home run.

^^ exactly what I was going to say. This is a great example of putting a whiz-bang software trick to tasteful use, to the benefit of the result.

I really like this! I think it would have been a bit better if the white and brown colors met in the corners.
I only have access to paint here at work so I couldn't show you what I mean perfectly but here is a rough
crop. It lost a lot of the green and blue from the original but it gets my idea across.

$p741990060-5.jpg

Good match of filter effect to image - the result is pleasing and arresting at the same time.

Thanks all.

I really like this! I think it would have been a bit better if the white and brown colors met in the corners.
I only have access to paint here at work so I couldn't show you what I mean perfectly but here is a rough
crop. It lost a lot of the green and blue from the original but it gets my idea across.

View attachment 78905

I think this forces the symmetry a bit too much for me.

Most reactions

Back