Flower Power C&C please

TheLogan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these this evening. Please let me know what you think :)

IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

Thanks!

Both pictures look out of focus to me...or suffering from camera shake.

So, I'm guessing these suck?

No.
Your composition looks good, the color in the first one is great.
They're just out of focus.
Take some more!

I really need a tripod. I think my out of focus lately has been because of 300mm + handheld shooting

I don't think it's a tripod issue. I think you just need to spend some more time focusing your pictures. The flowers aren't going anywhere.

Both have great color though.

What camera are you shooting with?

I'm shot these with my Canon XS and a Tamron 70-300mm macro.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I think I just need to work on my focusing, and camera shake. My hands are kind of jittery :p

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I think I just need to work on my focusing, and camera shake. My hands are kind of jittery :p

When I got my new camera I was so excited. Threw the big lens on and walked straight into the land of frustration. I put the kit lens back on decided to spend time relearning how to how an SLR steady (been using P&S for years). And the whole focusing bit is different in the land of digital, so I spent time really trying to pay attention to the little focus indicators. Figured when I got that under control there was plenty of time to put the big lens back on (and learn how to hold that steady:D). Try to go out and shoot when you are not stressed and just take a few and check them out. I think for us noob folks frustration can be our worst enemy. From October until a few weeks ago I wanted to put my camera on the auction block, just lately I'm thinking I'll keep it. Good luck and come back for CC and help if you want/need it.

I really need a tripod. I think my out of focus lately has been because of 300mm + handheld shooting

I'm shot these with my Canon XS and a Tamron 70-300mm macro.

If you enjoy macro photography you really should get a good tripod and a remote shutter release. When you're in tight to the subject with the macro lens zoomed out, any movement (your body or the subject) will be exaggerated in the picture. And you'll want to focus manually too.

And since DOF gets tighter the closer you are to the subject, you'll want to shoot at a higher f/stop (smaller aperture) to increase the DOF...but this means the shutter speed will get slower and makes the use of a good tripod almost mandatory for macro work.

You may want to learn how to do focus stacking to help increase the DOF of a macro image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back