TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
MJS_9219.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the new gear.

That picture has some weird lighting.

Congrats, new gear is always good, but... ummm... a top-end body with mid-range (at best) glass? A lesser body with high-end glass beats a top-end body with lesser glass. Every time.

Congrats, new gear is always good, but... ummm... a top-end body with mid-range (at best) glass? A lesser body with high-end glass beats a top-end body with lesser glass. Every time.

glass forthcoming..

Congrats on the new gear.

That picture has some weird lighting.
It looks like the WB is off, and it's a little out of focus. The aperture is f/4.5 and ISO 1600 with a shutter speed of 1/5. I think that accounts for the blur and wonky DoF.

Congrats on the new kit, that's a super nice camera.

Congrats on the new gear, but why do you now have a full frame body with 2 DX lenses? Did they come with it???

yea, kind of a strange lens purchase. i definitely would have purchased a sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 instead of those three.

you guy crack me up, I got the lenses as a package type deal. after I sell the d200's I will be able to afford better glass, anyonc check the price of a d700 lately? I'm tapped for now, my plan was to actually sell the lenses too. it also came with an sb600 which I don't need and am selling

you guy crack me up, I got the lenses as a package type deal. after I sell the d200's I will be able to afford better glass, anyonc check the price of a d700 lately? I'm tapped for now, my plan was to actually sell the lenses too. it also came with an sb600 which I don't need and am selling

The guy had two DX lenses selling with an FX body? How much were you looking to get for the SB600?

The guy had two DX lenses selling with an FX body? How much were you looking to get for the SB600?

he had like 10 dx lenses. i got the d700 and the 3 lenses, i assumed one of my 2 d200's would not sell on ebay and if not, i would keep one as a backup and eventually build up new lenses for the 700, al the while getting new dx lenses for the 200. and worse case just selling them on ebay.

Last edited:
Hey I just got one too (but I got some good glas for it) 14-24 2.8 and resting on the 70-20VR 2.8 that I already had.

DSCN0826.jpg

Hey I just got one too (but I got some good glas for it) 14-24 2.8 and resting on the 70-20VR 2.8 that I already had.

DSCN0826.jpg

sweet! you like it?! what did you upgrade from?

Just as an fyi? isint the AF-S VR 24-120mm a decent lenss for this application?

Most reactions

Back