Flowers and Mountain C&C

I think it looks good but maybe focus stacking this photo would be a good idea. That way you would get the background in Focus also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My first thought when I saw this was - What is the subject - the flowers or the landscape? Are the flowers in the landscape because it looks like they were positioned separately and then the picture was taken of the flowers with the out of focus landscape in the background as the flowers dominate the image. Perhaps you can share exactly what it was that you were trying to do here.

WesternGuy

I don't know, it seems a bit weird to me. Almost like a composition of two completely different pictures and then blurring the background in post-process.
If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with #2, but I'd prefer the background much sharper. As it stands, in my opinion these pictures are not very good landscape, nor flower photos.

Thanks for your explanation, but I must agree with Tomasko. It reminds me a bit of looking through a window with a bunch of flowers in the window to scenery in the background that is mostly out of focus. I can appreciate what you are trying to do, but it doesn't really work for me.

WesternGuy

Thanks for your explanation, but I must agree with Tomasko. It reminds me a bit of looking through a window with a bunch of flowers in the window to scenery in the background that is mostly out of focus. I can appreciate what you are trying to do, but it doesn't really work for me.

WesternGuy

Hello,

That's right.

Thanks for the feedback.

I would agree with the above statements. I would have backed away from the flowers a little. You could still have them as a prominent element in the shot, but not so overpowering. As they are, they are actually cropped out more than I would like for the main subject. Plus, it would make it a little easier to get a more dof for the overall shot.

I am with the others but the top one comes the closest to anything for me. You have color compliments in the center flowers, but the outside flowers are not making them distracting. I would crop them out. Two possibilities the next time. Use an ND gradual on the hot spot (flowers) to bring it more in check with the background. Use a smaller aperture/longer exposure to get more clarity across the image. By using a full frame DSLR the larger sensor size will reduce your DOF in landscape shots more so than a smaller sensor crop body at a similar (corrected for crop factor, 28mm would be an approximate match in Nikon) focal length. The other photos didn't work for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back