Flowers/Floral Stuff

purpleexplosionx8x11.jpg

hey- i like that techniqe, alot! care to give a little more detail for procedure?

Hi, Osmer_Toby. It's pretty simple, actually. Download a program called Photomatix, take at least 3 exposures of the same subject with varying shutter speeds, so the middle exposure is properly exposed, and you have at least one overexposed one (so all the shadowed areas read very well) and one underexposed (for the bright spots, like clouds for exterior shots that always get blown out or windows in the interior shots). Then load all those images into Photomatix, generate an HDR image, then go to tonemapping. There you'll find a bunch of settings you can modify to get different look of a photo. That's about it. Just remember - you have to make sure all exposures lign up, so when you take pictures - your subject has to be perfectly still. It's also usefull to use a tripod for this. Good luck with HDR photography! I enjoy it greatly!

nice pictures in this thread ... here's my contribution
Link gone :(
an orchid

Last edited by a moderator:
First link gone :(

whiteflowerinaseaofgreen.jpg

lilyupgood.jpg

carnationgood1.jpg

alone.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not my best, but it's something. Plus they were taken with my old camera (pre dSLR). You can click the pictures for technical details.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back