Flowers

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted to try something different with these first two, so I set up the tripod and turned out the lights, took out a flashlight and painted these with light. I used a beam of light to get the focus, , turned the light out, released the shutter, and just painted the parts I wanted. The background is...natural black space. In photoshop...just a bit of saturation/contrast/sharpen. This is usually a technique I use for shooting our halloween displays.
The first shot is.
ISO 200
TV-15sec
AV-f/18
Canon XTI- 18-55mm kit lens at 47mm.

307839539_RSLyL-L.jpg

Same technique, different flower​
307839545_xWdks-L.jpg

Next day headed out to the Guild Inn gardens to see what was there. This little guy was sure a slow bloomer.​
309936526_jRtUz-L.jpg

This flowers colours struck me, so I shot the underside of it, and underfocused slightly to get a more abstract feel.​
309936538_hYdsM-L.jpg

Thank you so much. Only the first two are painting with light. Sorry...forgot to add that. The third had a nice natural background of some shaded bushes.
If you try painting with light in the house, try to keep the flowers away from a wall, so if you miss with the pen light, you will not catch the wall. :D

Chiller posts Flower Photos!
That is worth a headline in broad print! :D
And I am really interested in the light painting technique now ... what light serves you this well? Ah, here I'm reading it myself now: a penlight. (*muttering to self*: Must get myself a penlight - must get myself a penlight - must get myself a penlight!)
And thought that one's not "light painting technique", I still like the photo of the "slow bloomer" chives best! Chives look good when they bloom!

these all all great! the third one gets me going. what an awesome look!

Thanks so much everyone. Appreciate your comments.
Corinna...I just used a "dollar"store light, and to make the beam of the light smaller, I used electric tape over the glass, so it gave me more control as to where the light hit. Hope to see what y'all shoot

amazing, I really like these alot. They could be postcards :D That is meant as a compliment!

Wow! Excellent. Awesome processing too!

3 and 4 especially ROCK! :headbang:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Really appreciate it.

hmm, i thought i posted in this thread yesterday.....apperantly not.
Anyways, lovely pics. Like allready said, #3 is really nice. I also like the second very much....topjob :thumbup: :)

Beautiful work chiller.
Very nice idea on the first two, and I really like the third also.

Dani.

Nice to see someone trying different approaches with flowers - I look forward to seeing more. The second and third shots have a nice simplicity helped by the black background.

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

Back