I'm not sure what your problem is. If you want a diagnosis maybe post some of the out of focus pics? And when you say "I'm told...", do you mean that you don't think that the pics are out of focus yourself?
On a side note, I like that shot of the cat. You can see the ripples in the water where it was lapping.
Im looking for general tips to start getting consistent results, my only trick now that i know of is that shutter speed should be about 2x focal length.
And thank you, that was the first picture i sold. has made me 120 dollars so far!
I have no idea why, but Fotki completely screwed with the white balance and contrast on my uploaded images. This looks nothing like my local file, but...
- Unsharp Mask 150% @ 0.3px radius, 0 threshold
- Fuji Velvia Film profile (cranks up colors and contrast)
- "slight" lighting adjustment setting
- cooled off white balance (velvia profile warmed it up too much)
- and then Fotki completely crapped on it after I uploaded :thumbdown:
I think the sharpening made the biggest difference. Are you doing any post-processing?