Foggy night

Rhoads238

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

So it was a very foggy night this evening, so I was glad to have had my camera with me when I was on my way home from work.

_DSC2760 by rhoads238, on Flickr

CC always welcome,

Jason

O yes, quite magic. The sticks are maybe in the way or maybe not. Maybe they add to the atmosphere of fairy tale. Depends. I like it.

Very nice!

Hoboken??!! No Jokin'??!! I lived in Weehawken on Park Ave with a beautiful view of midtown from my 2nd story apartment for about a year while working in the area back in the late 80's.

It is indeed beautiful, the little branches in the foreground are distracting though.
The mood is fantastic! Well done.

Wow thanks everyone. I wanted the sticks in the shot because I was trying to push the eye away from the gangway. I was trying to achieve a look that the ferry was just off shore but unreachable from the land. Like it had sunk in use and not at the dock. I think the sticks do stop, at least me, from looking at the gangway. I also tried, although i couldn't get the look i wanted, a series of double exposures to give the ferry a transparent ghostly look. I however couldn't get this to work the way i had wanted.

thanks again everyone,

-Jason

This was a much different image in Photoshopthan on this screen. In PS, I found I really-really didn't like the twigs even a little bit. I also noticed it lacked a bit of exposure structure on the hull, especially in the highlighted areas. I am far from the PS guru but can genrally improve an image if I set my mind to it...at least the twigs are gone..as to the rest, that's always up for interpretation. Each of us sees an image differently than the original author. I always wonder what Shakespeare would say about all the interpretations of a Midsummer's Night's Dream.

$8381307788_41623e6b1d_o.jpg

Oh, and you have a plethora of dust bunnies on your sensor..time for a professional cleaning.

Oh, and you have a plethora of dust bunnies on your sensor..time for a professional cleaning.

I have a d600 and it has the oil / dust problem. I'll have to send it in to nikon for repairs. Although I have heard that the paint flecks issue stops after about three thousand clicks. I have way over that so maybe all it needs now is a cleaning.

I don't mind the sticks. But its always helpfull to see how other people would handle a scene. Thanks for the input

-Jason

This was a much different image in Photoshopthan on this screen. In PS, I found I really-really didn't like the twigs even a little bit. I also noticed it lacked a bit of exposure structure on the hull, especially in the highlighted areas. I am far from the PS guru but can genrally improve an image if I set my mind to it...at least the twigs are gone..as to the rest, that's always up for interpretation. Each of us sees an image differently than the original author. I always wonder what Shakespeare would say about all the interpretations of a Midsummer's Night's Dream.

View attachment 32492

Meh, maybe your right about the branches. So i decided to see what kind of job i could do with it.

_DSC2760 no sticks by rhoads238, on Flickr

CC always,

Jason

Just a personal preference I would like to to see more contrast. I know it is foggy and that affects the contrast a bit but honestly the photo doesn't read foggy to me.

My edit:

$boat1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back