Foggy Walk

surfingfireman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Damn, it is hard to get good pics of foggy scenes. The shots never seem to show what the scene really looked like. Here are my attempts:

Which version do you like best of this shot, #1 or #2?
fogwalk1qd6.jpg

fogwalk2of7.jpg

Some green for LaFoto if she is looking...
fogwalk3nz0.jpg

fogwalk4hb1.jpg

And my hiking partner. She is a little more patient then my wife when I stop to take photos. Well, she keeps herself busy anyways...

fogdogxz1.jpg

C&C welcome and thanks for looking.

C-YA

Mike

I like them...I think you did a good job of capturing that erie feeling...although, the bright colors do kind of liven it up...which may be counter intuitive to the foggy feeling.

Maybe try desaturating the colors a bit, or trying a sepia or B&W.

Nice pictures, I like 1 too, maybe make it darker? And your dog is very cute with the tongue sticking out, good shot.

I'd have to agree and go with #1

not an easy thing to photo, and I think ypu've done a good job of it

I like #1 also, but #4 really grabs my eye. I think its the green in the middle of all those leaves.

Between 1 and 2, 1. 4 is good. The area looks so,.. moist.

nice shots, i love the mood you get from foggy pics. pretty pup too. :thumbup:

surfingfireman said:
Some green for LaFoto if she is looking...
fogwalk3nz0.jpg

fogwalk4hb1.jpg

Ta-daaa!
Yes.
LaFoto is back and back to looking and thoroughly delighted whenever she finds a spot of green (or a fully green photo) dedicated to her! :biggrin:

Thank you!

I like your series ... and as to whether version 1 or 2 are better of THAT particular scene I say that 1 is a tad batter than two.

I am (undoubtedly) happy about the spots of colour (this colour!) in the photos that are dedicated to me and that I am quoting here and personally would not wish for the colours to be desaturated, although they might go against the general feeling of "colourless mist". Therefore - whether you follow the suggestions of how to edit your photos - keep the version shown here for me at all times, Mike, will you?

Nice hiking partner!

nice series :)
I think the problem with fog is, that is only shows a couple of meters away from you (depends on how thick the fog is) My guess is, that if you want to photograph something half hidden in the mist, you have to step back and zoom in. I havent got a clue if it works, just an idea that went through my head.
Anyways, you took some nice pics :D

Most reactions

Back