Football game: help please

Reaction score
Website
www.bhtj.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody. I am in my high school advanced photography class and my friend and I volunteeered to cover a rather large football game for the yearbook.. I will be using a canon digital rebel. I will be shooting during the day...around 3 oclock pm. Any tips, tricks, or advice would be greatly appreciated!

A few quick ones :)
1 - If you don't have a super-fast predictive autofocus, disable it and manually focus
2 - Bracket
3 - Turn off sharpening and other image processing functions within the camera (except white balance and ISO) and do your image enhancement in Photoshop
4 - Try not to use the telephoto at the extreme end of the range, unless you are confident with its sharpness
5 - Use a monopod

Decide what kind of photos you want to get. Arrive early and pick your spot accordingly.

Watch out for plays that crash into photogs on the side of the field. The action gets closer than you realize I lot faster than you realize!

Back shots aren't that great. Try to stay in front of what you are shooting.

Pay attention so you can predict the action. It is going to be a pass, a run? Pick the player that is about to be the center of the action and wait for the shot.

Pay attention so you can predict the action. It is going to be a pass, a run? Pick the player that is about to be the center of the action and wait for the shot.

I agree. Get the punt returner just before the ball arrives -- that scared look in his eyes may be priceless! Or the running back just as he receives the handoff. Another shot I always enjoy is the one looking down the line of scrimmage, just before the ball is snapped, where you can see both offensive and defensive linemen. Good luck, and have fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back