For $120, this is almost too tempting not to buy it...

!!! what impresses me is that they have a photo on their advert which is taken without a lens!
I mean they must really be good to take a shot with a DSLR without a lens attached!

!!! what impresses me is that they have a photo on their advert which is taken without a lens!
I mean they must really be good to take a shot with a DSLR without a lens attached!

HAHAHAHAHAA...

I -totally- didn't catch that! :lol:

How about:

"The aperture settings from f/8 - f/32 retains a full range of exposure / depth of field settings"

So 2 usable stops is a full range is it? Well actually I guess that there's more than 2 usable stops. I would imagine that diffraction is the least of this lens' problems at f/22

I have seen some effective mirror lens work done with an older Sigma 600mm mirror lens where the photographer (shooting wolves) chose to use flash and then setup so that he would get lowkey shots - thus the subject would be lit by the flash, whilst the rest of the background (and all those doughnut shaped lights) would be underexposed and thus come out black.

i don't think it's a mirror lens. just very poor build and very poor quality glass.
i actually know someone that has one of these.... or one similar. it takes very crappy pictures but he's in the private investigation business and it does what he needs it to do.

You have to be really good to pull this off, but if you make a fist and press the bottom to the mount, you can make a tiny hole. It's like using a pinhole body cap, but you can control the aperture by how tight you make the fist.

:lmao:

Maybe Ken Rockwell shot that for them, he can do anything. :lol:

heeh you joke - but I know a magazine (and following that a forum of nutters) who took spare camerabody caps - drilled little holes into the middle - and made themselves pinhole DSLRs!
Blub mode was used to control shutter speed I belive.

I have one. (I bought mine though.)

Using the cap is cheating though. Real men just make a fist and hold that in front of the mount.

I have a bunch of spare body caps. I should try that once or twice. Actually I should try it till I get a good image.

Most reactions

Back