For Absent Friends

mad_malteaser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found this bench the other day at a nearby country park and felt I had to do it justice somehow. I hope you think I did :blushing:

AbsentFriends.jpg

jlbrew3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Was this taken with infrared film, or digital?

Nice shot

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
It is a bit too grey only for my liking and the bright spot of sky is distracting. The overall softness is a nice touch to the scene, but all in all I find it a bit flat and the bench is much competing with the bright sky. A crop and contrast boost (need not be a big boost!) might help ... and then the lettering on the back of the bench becomes more readable, too (?)

OP
mad_malteaser

mad_malteaser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
LaFoto said:
It is a bit too grey only for my liking and the bright spot of sky is distracting. The overall softness is a nice touch to the scene, but all in all I find it a bit flat and the bench is much competing with the bright sky. A crop and contrast boost (need not be a big boost!) might help ... and then the lettering on the back of the bench becomes more readable, too (?)

LaFoto, I had another work on it with your suggestions. Do you mean something like this?:

AbsentFriends2.jpg

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I agree with LaFoto's suggestions, and your crop is much better. Unlike Ms. Foto, I would suggest boosting the contrast a lot...really bring out the shadows and all. I would try somewhere between 20 and 40. If you would like, I'd be happy to take a stab at it and repost this evening.

OP
mad_malteaser

mad_malteaser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Feel free to have a go at editing it! I'd like to see what you could come up with.

jlbrew3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I actually really like what gizmo did, the blacks really dramatize the bench and surroundings and make the picture really interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics